Do you ever start your working day not sure which tasks you need to complete, or even the order to tackle them in?
Stressful isn’t it!
If you’ve answered yes, then you should consider using to-do lists to better organise your time and bring some clarity to your day.
Anything that helps you to focus on the important stuff has got to be good, right?
Taking the time to write a to-do list can have many benefits, here are the key ones to get you started:
- Creating order – it’s an orderly way to organize how to do the things you want to do. Projects and plans can be broken down into bite size chunks and gives you a strategy for getting things done.
- Prioritise – helping you to manage tasks effectively and in the right order. You can see all of the items at a glance and prioritize what most needs to be done according to timelines and importance.
- Reschedule and organise your time – if you finish something quickly or you find yourself with extra time, you can quickly see where the best way to spend your time is.
- Identify when to delegate – to-do lists help you to delegate work. If you see the list is too long, you can find others to help you get things done.
- Feel productive – crossing a task off your list when it’s completed is a great feeling. This gives you back control and also gives you a positive productive feeling.
- Relief from stress – as you see work getting done and that you are moving forward efficiently, it allows you to relax more. Even schedule in a well-deserved break if you need to!
…And most importantly….
- Accountability – the act of writing it down in itself holds you accountable!
Try keeping at least 2 to-do lists: daily and longer term
You might find it worthwhile to have 2 lists on the go:
- One is for the immediate tasks you need to complete today or this week (short term plans and tasks).
- The other is for things that you want or need to get done in the future, whether it is in the next week, month or year (long term goals).
Keep it flexible
Your to-do lists don’t need to be set in stone. They are guides and are intended to help, not put pressure on you. However, if you write it down, it’s usually something worth doing.
Also, don’t forget to make your to-do lists fun!
If your to-do list ever feels like all work and no play, book in things you look forward to and fun things as well. You might be meeting friends for a drink or meal (or both), a refreshing walk along the beach, checking out your next holiday destination. Make sure to mix up the work with some fun!
…and if all else fails and you can’t seem to get to grips with writing and sticking to your to-do list, then Glow Virtual Assistants are here to lend a hand with planning and organising for you, so that you can focus on making your business ROCK!
About Glow Virtual Assistants
We’re a forward-thinking agency of skilled and qualified Virtual Assistants, specialising in supporting entrepreneurs and businesses to succeed, grow and shine!
- We offer a range of services and tailor packages to suit the needs of you and your business.
- Why not read what our clients say about us so you know that your business will be in safe hands.
- Want a chat or got a question? Drop us a message and we’ll get back to you!
If you have enjoyed reading about creating a to-do-list to make you ROCK, sign up for future blogs on our website.