‘An Hour or So’ is a Norfolk-based initiative where local businesses give an hour of their services in exchange for a charitable donation.
Local entrepreneur, business owner, and Director of Glow VA, Serena Fordham, has launched the scheme to help local businesses connect, communicate and grow while donating to local worthy causes.
This is a great way for businesses to raise their profile, or for you to give back if you want to use one of the services being offered.
How it works
– Many service businesses offer a one-hour free consultation anyway, therefore this hour will now benefit from gaining a charitable donation. Plus, this assists the CSR of the business.
– The giver will hopefully gain more clients from this scheme (however this cannot be guaranteed).
– The receiver will be able to ‘try before they buy’ without a service costing its full value, which they might not otherwise be able to afford.
– The receiver can try out the service to see if it works for them before they commit.
– The local charities benefit from a cash donation to help fund their valuable work within the local community.
The project is supporting a range of charities in Norfolk including Break, Age UK Norfolk, West Norfolk Mind, Nelson’s Journey and the Norfolk Wildlife Trust.
A full list of the Norfolk-based charities the scheme supports can be found on Just Giving
In order to take part please visit the new An Hour or So website